And is that riding a motorcycle is an activity that has multiple benefits and advantages: it allows you to opt for several routes to the same destination, cut journey times and is a financially viable private transport option.
On the other hand, not only is it beneficial in terms of driving but riding it also has positive health effects such as, fighting stress, burning calories and strengthening muscles and knees. According to the latest WHO studies, it is necessary to devote at least 150 minutes per week to physical activity, because not doing so can trigger cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, and even mental health problems. That is why riding a motorcycle can be very helpful in achieving a healthy and active life.
More and more people decide to buy a motorcycle. It is common to see fathers and mothers take their children with them in one of them. However, as with cars, driving a bike with passengers carries a great responsibility.
According to Matías López, we must undertake this type of travel with planning and care. “Not all parents are aware of the risk that these vehicles represent. One of the most worrisome mistakes they make when they go out with their children is to wear helmets that are inappropriate for their age and size because they could detach more easily in case of an accident and even increase the effect of a head injury, but they are adequate”. Said.
To minimize the danger factor and travel safely when transporting a person, it is convenient to respect and comply with the corresponding regulations, especially if they are children.
Here are some tips to follow:
1. To know if our motorcycle is approved for passengers, to check it, users will only have to check the section for their corresponding Circulation permit section S1, where it is indicated if the motorcycle is approved to transport 1 or 2 people.
2. Regarding the child’s age, the general traffic regulations tell us that there are two circumstances. The child must be over 12 years of age, but there is an extension that says those over seven years old can also get on a passenger motorcycle as long as they go with their mother, father or legal guardian.
3. The helmet is indispensable, it is a mandatory object to circulate, regardless of its age, is essential for safety. But to fulfill its protective function properly, it must be approved by the regulations and be the size corresponding to the size of the child’s head.
4. The child should sit astride, not looking back, or to the right or left side. The correct position will be to go on the back of the motorcycle with your feet touching the footrests.
5. Check that the insurance includes your passenger. If you are frequently traveling with a passenger on the bike, inform your insurance company. In this way, if you suffer an accident carrying a passenger on the bike, both will be covered by the policy.
6. You must be aware that you are going with a child behind you, that is why you must reduce speed and drive wisely and responsibly.